Wednesday, October 14, 2015

About Mrs. Miller

 When I was in first grade I told my parents that I wanted to be an Art Teacher. I loved creating art! I've never considered any other career over the years. Art is my passion. I love teaching art and sharing my passion with students on a daily basis.
After I graduated from Knoxville High School, I attended Western Illinois University as an art education major. While I was at WIU, I developed a love for teaching. I graduated in 1993 and began my career. I first was a substitute teacher, exploring all grade levels and all subjects. My first "real" job was in Morris, IL as an elementary art teacher. I loved the little kids and their freedom of expression. I was an "art on a cart" teacher in a three story building, so it was crazy at times. Teaching on a cart was a wonderful learning experience. I enjoyed the age group but desired my own classroom.
My second teaching position was at Alexis High School in Alexis, IL. I loved teaching high school art. I loved the small school atmosphere. Teaching high school aged students was very rewarding. It was an amazing experience and I treasure the memories.
Finally, I moved to Churchill Jr. High in Galesburg, IL. I was so fortunate to find an art teaching position only a few blocks from my home. After teaching elementary and high school art, I was up for a new challenge. Jr. High students are so much fun! They are still sweet and free with their creativity and yet they are also mature enough to create some pretty amazing art pieces. I found my perfect fit and I have been here for 15 years. I wouldn't trade my job for anything!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment